Taught an online class about planning digitization projects for the Museum Learning Hub. Module 3: Managing Digitization Projects Workshop 2.
Wrote proposals to the Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) to catalogue and digitize collections.
Developed and tested a new museum’s first strategic plan.
Rapid on-site assessment, imaging and data-collection for a collection of artifacts needing processing before being moved to another location.
Digital Preservation Assessments
Collected information from clients about their digital collections, workflows, standards and procedures in order to write an advocacy document to support future planning, training and funding efforts.
Work with colleagues from The Sixth Floor Museum and the Texas Historical Commission to present a professional development webinar about collections inventories – a case study and broadly-applicable lessons learned. The Inside Scoop on Inventories.
- Historical objects
- Original documents
- Architectural blueprints and drawings
- Architectural elements and historic buildings
- Indigenous art and artifacts from Australia and North America
- Photographic collections including color and black-and-white 35mm negatives, 4×5’ negatives, prints, proofs, slides and albums
- Mid-20th century film collections on 8mm and 16mm, color and black and white
- Video collections on 2” quad and U-Matic tapes
- Audio collections on cassettes and reel-to-reel tapes
- Oral histories
- Born-digital items including images, audio and video
- Digital collections including images, documents, audio and video recordings in a variety of formats
- Rare books
- Newspapers and magazines
- Natural history specimens including taxidermy, geological, insect and malacalogical specimens